Monday, December 10, 2007

Samchuk 100 Years Old Market, the Living Museum (Part 2)



Last blog, we were at Baan Khun Chamnong. After we enjoyed the past, we were ready for the present, more foods that is.

Just across from Jek Aow, the noodles, you can see a unique coffee shop, which I cannot remember the name (Try reading it from the picture posted la gun na). I remember when I was in grade school. During school breaks, I usually stayed with grandma for a month or two. Grandma always asked me to buy her some iced coffee from this coffee shop (Ko-pee โกปี๊ to be exact). If you want to enjoy the old Ko-pee shop, you should visit this place. It is located in Samchuk market Soi 1, across from Samchuk District Office (ที่ว่าการอำเภอ เรียกง่ายๆว่า อยู่หน้าอำเภอนั่นแหละ) and near Jek Aow noodles. You can also order iced coffee or iced milk tea from this shop when having noodles at Jek Aow on weekdays na ka. I supposed weekend is too busy for them.




Right in front of the Ko-pee shop, you can find very very very yummy Roasted Duck, Ped Yang and Ped Pa-lo by Ja Cherd (เป็ดย่างจ่าเฉิด). This one, if my greatgrandma could have a say, she would have given TWO THUMBS UP. It was her most favorite duck when she was still with us. And don't mistaken it by going to another roasted duck stall just right across the soi na ka.



If you have a crave for Thai dessert, I would recommend the Thai dessert right next to Ja Cherd Roasted Duck and also in front of Ko-pee Shop. This dessert stall has like 10 - 15 pots of different kinds of Thai dessert. Taste is very good and not too sweet. Too bad that I don't have pictures for this one. And sorry again that I don't know the name. Only know that one of the owners when to school with my mom. hehehe...


Then, we walked around starting from Soi 1, which is the soi next to Samchuk District Office. And Soi 2, 3 and back to Soi 4 where we first started at my grandma's shop. I'm getting a bit sleepy now. So, here are the pictures.




The old Chinese medicine store is located in Soi 3, right next to another Chok Nimit shop of my uncle. If you drop by, you should have Chrysanthemum Tea (น้ำเก็กฮวย) and preserved Mango (มะม่วงดองนี่แหละ). Sometimes, you can see a small stall right in front of this Chinese medicine store selling Guava. If so, you should buy some na ka. They are very good.


That's my uncle showing how to use the old medicine grinder (เครื่องบดยา) at Soi 3 Chinese Medicine store. (จำชื่อร้านไม่ได้จริงๆ รู้แต่ ร้านอี๊กิ๋มเล็ก เรียกแบบนี้มาตั้งแต่เด็กอ่ะ อี๊กิ๋มเล็ก คือเจ้าของ ผู้หญิงผอมๆเสื้อสีส้มในรูปข้างบนนะคะ)

Finally, my newborn nephew, Nong Nai (น้องนาย). In that pic, he was about 1.5 months old. He is much bigger now ka.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ของอร่อยก็มีตั้งเยอะ ทำไมเพื่อนอย่างเราไม่เคยได้กินเลยหว่า :p ทำไม ทำไม ทำไมน้อ ... :p :p :p

Anonymous said...

ใครรู้ช่วยบอกด้วนค๊าบ ... มาบอกแล้วค๊าบด้วน

Chrysanthemum = เก๊กซิม เอ้ย เก็กฮวย

Anonymous said...

เพิ่งเห็นจากข้างขวดชาขาวผสมเก็กฮวย เพียวริคุ เหมือนกัน สะกดแบบเนี้ยะเลย

ขอบคุณนะคร้าบที่ช่วยบอก

Anonymous said...

น่าไปถ่ายรูปจังเลยยย